We are delighted to invite you to join us on our joint BASCD/BSODR webinar, Behavioural science’s contribution to dentistry – perspectives from guiding and rising stars. The webinar will take place on Friday 21st April 2023 from 10am – 12.45pm.
LEARNING AIM & OBJECTIVES
Challenges facing dental public health are complex and require multi-faceted approaches. Behavioural sciences have contributed to our understanding of these complex health issues and helped in providing solutions. The aim of the session is to reflect upon Behavioural Sciences contribution to dentistry. The session will highlight opportunities and challenges, drawing on the expertise of speakers currently working in the field.
From this event, learners will gain:
- An understanding of methods and theories from social and behavioural sciences
- And how these can help advance our understanding of oral health and the potential to deliver more effective strategies for the complex challenges we face in dentistry.
- Insight into how behavioural sciences have been applied to different contexts across dentistry, including:
- assessing barriers to risk-based recall intervals in general dental practice,
- oral and mental health in the homeless,
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on oral health behaviours and accessing services,
- quality of life of those living with disabilities.
In order to cover some of the costs of this webinar we have opted to charge a contribution fee for attendance. The early bird rate for this closes at 5pm on Monday 13th March.
If you have any queries regarding you registration, please call the organising team on 0161 665 5887
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there!
Rachel O’Brien-Waddington Albert Yeung
President, BSODR President, BASCD