The benefits of becoming a BASCD member
- Opportunities to shape the future of Oral Health Promotion; its scope of work through policy development and committee involvement in education, policy and standards
- Being kept up to date with all issues relating to the promotion of population oral health
- Free online access to Community Dental Health Journal including back issues.
- Updates from affiliated groups, like the European Association for Dental Public Health (EADPH) and the National Oral Health Promotion Group (NOHPG)
- Save money with competitive member-only rates for the BASCD and EADPH conferences
- Access to data relating to UK national dental surveys
- Access to policy statements and reports
- Networking opportunities with like-minded people at BASCD events, meetings and conferences.
- Continue your professional journey great value CPD available at bi-annual conferences
- Peer networking opportunities through committees and access to online specialist network
- Vote and speak at BASCD Annual General Meetings
- Regular BASCD newsletter including wider public health news
- Connect with us on social media – Twitter @BASCD_uk
- Be part of BASCD council, help shape the future of our association.
Become a BASCD member
If you are interested in oral health promotion and prevention of disease then come and join BASCD to achieve this goal.
BASCD members include: nutritionists, sociologists, psychologists, health service managers, health intelligence and public health specialists as well as members of the dental team – dentists, hygienists, therapists and nurses, in fact anyone involved in Dental Public Health.
The value of the benefits, especially networking with likeminded colleagues and quality CPD events, outweigh the cost of membership which for 2021 ranges from only £43 to £150 per year:
|Those earning||Discount||BASCD Only||BASCD & EADPH|
|Over £50,000 per year||£130||£150|
|Between £12,500 and £50,000 – or
Retired and International Members
|*Earning less than £12,500 or
UG Student membership
* On application to the membership secretary
There are also ‘multi-buy’ deals for joint membership with the European Association for Dental Public Health.
If you would like further details about joining the society, please contact the BASCD administrator.
For those who have paid their membership subscriptions for this year – Thank you very much!
For those who are yet to pay you will have been sent a Xero (BASCD’s new secure automated finance system) messaging invoice which notoriously ends up in spam folders – so please can you check your spam to ensure your membership is renewed.
If you are having problems – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org