This guideline covers how general dental practice teams can convey advice about oral hygiene and the use of fluoride. It also covers diet, smoking, smokeless tobacco and alcohol intake.
The recommendations cover:
- oral health advice given by dentists and dental care professionals
- how dentists and dental care professionals can adopt a patient-centred approach
Who is it for?
- Dental care professionals – this includes dental hygienists, dental nurses, dental therapists, dental technicians and orthodontic therapists.
- Dental practice owners and managers.
- Dental practice administrative staff, including receptionists.
- Directors of public health, dental public health consultants and strategic leads who plan local dental services.
- Dental bodies corporate.
- People responsible for educating dental professionals.
- Members of the public