The benefits of becoming a BASCD member
- Opportunities to shape the future of Oral Health Promotion; its scope of work through policy development and committee involvement in education, policy and standards
- Being kept up to date with all issues relating to the promotion of population oral health
- Free online access to Community Dental Health Journal including back issues.
- Updates from affiliated groups, like the European Association for Dental Public Health (EADPH) and the National Oral Health Promotion Group (NOHPG)
- Save money with competitive member-only rates for the BASCD and EADPH conferences
- Access to data relating to UK national dental surveys
- Access to policy statements and reports
- Networking opportunities with like-minded people at BASCD events, meetings and conferences.
- Continue your professional journey great value CPD available at bi-annual conferences
- Peer networking opportunities through committees and access to online specialist network
- Vote and speak at BASCD Annual General Meetings
- Regular BASCD newsletter including wider public health news
- Connect with us on social media – Twitter @BASCD_uk
- Be part of BASCD council, help shape the future of our association.
Become a BASCD member
If you are interested in oral health promotion and prevention of disease then come and join BASCD to achieve this goal.
BASCD members include: nutritionists, sociologists, psychologists, health service managers, health intelligence and public health specialists as well as members of the dental team – dentists, hygienists, therapists and nurses, in fact anyone involved in Dental Public Health.
The value of the benefits is greater than the cost of membership which ranges from £120 for GDC registered dentists to £60 for DCPs and other professionals and students.
There are also ‘multi-buy’ deals for joint membership with the European Association for Dental Public Health.
If you would like further details about joining the society, please contact the BASCD administrator.