Consultants and Specialists
Purpose of the Group
BASCD draws its membership from a range of people with an interest in Community Dentistry in its widest sense. Consultants and Specialists in Dental Public Health are part of this membership and look to BASCD as the professional association for the speciality. The purpose of the Group is to provide a forum for discussion of topics and issues relating to the working lives of Consultants and Specialists in Dental Public Health and advise the broader membership of BASCD on matters in relation to Dental Public Health and its practice. Specific educational / training sessions for this group are also organised.
Membership of the Consultants and Specialists in Dental Public Health Group
Full membership is open to members of BASCD who:
- are registered as Specialists in Dental Public Health with the General Dental Council
Associate membership is open to members of BASCD who:
- are currently undertaking Specialty Training in Dental Public Health or in the six months following the completion of training.
Meetings of the Group
There are at least two meetings of the Consultants and Specialists in Dental Public Health Group each year. The meeting format will generally be in two parts, a business meeting and an educational / training session. The business meeting is open to full and associate members only. The educational / training sessions are open to any BASCD member.
Guidance on applying for specialty training
Links to Key Documents
- BASCD Consultants Group Constitution (Nov 2017)
- COPDEND. A Reference Guide for Postgraduate Dental Specialty Training in the UK, (June 2018).
- Department of Health. (2010). Improving oral health and dental outcomes: developing the dental public health workforce in England.
- Examples of the work of Dental Public Health